F5 Certified Technical Specialist (F5-CTS) Training.
Section 1: Architect and Deploy Applications
- Given an expected traffic volume, determine the appropriate SNAT configuration
- Given a scenario, determine the minimum profiles for an application
- Given an application configuration, determine which functions can be offloaded to the LTM device
- Given an iRule functionality, determine the profiles and configuration options necessary to implement the iRule.
- Given application requirements, determine the appropriate profile and persistence settings.
- Explain the steps necessary to configure AVR
- Given a set of reporting requirements, determine the AVR metrics and entities to collect
- Given a scenario, determine the appropriate monitor type and parameters to use
- Given a set of parameters, predict an outcome of a monitor status on other LTM device objects
- Given a health monitor configuration and pool member response predict the resulting status of the pool member
- Given a set of application SSL requirements, determine the appropriate profiles and profile options
- Given a scenario determine the steps required to maintain SSL certificates
- Given a set of application requirements, determine the appropriate virtual server type to use
- Given a set of application requirements, determine the appropriate virtual server configuration settings
- Explain the matching order of multiple virtual servers
- Given a scenario, determine the appropriate load balancing method(s)
- Given a scenario, describe how to configure or modify pool settings
- Explain the effect of configuration options and resource health on load balancing decisions
- Describe how to deploy and modify applications using existing and/or updated iApp application templates
Section 2: Set-up, administer, and secure LTM devices
- Distinguish between the management interface configuration and application traffic interface configuration U/A
- Given a network diagram, determine the appropriate network and system settings (i.e., VLANs, self-IPs, trunks, routes, NTP servers, DNS servers, SNMP receivers and syslog servers) U/A
- Explain how to configure remote authentication and multiple administration roles on the LTM device
- Explain the uses of administrative partitions
- Given a scenario, determine an appropriate high availability configuration (i.e., failsafe, failover and timers)
- Given a scenario, describe the steps necessary to set up a device group, traffic group and HA group
- Predict the behavior of an LTM device group or traffic groups in a given failure scenario
- Determine the effect of LTM features and/or modules on LTM device performance and/or memory
- Determine the effect of traffic levels on LTM device performance
- Determine the effect of virtual server settings on LTM device performance.
- Describe how to deploy or upgrade vCMP guests and how the resources are distributed.
- Determine the appropriate LTM device security configuration to protect against a security threat
CCIE enterprise infrastructure v1.1 equipment and software list:
The practical exam tests candidates on solutions that can be configured using the below
Equipment and software versions. Candidates may see more recent software versions
during their attempt but will only be tested on features that are supported in the list below.
Passing the exam requires a depth of understanding difficult to obtain without hands-on
experience. Early in your preparation you should arrange access to equipment and soft-
ware similar to that used on the exam.
MCSE,RHCE,CCNP,CEH,CSA,CCSE,F5-CTS, AWS & Azure
Certified instructor with 20+ years of experience in the field of cloud and cybersecurity. Proven success in leveraging educational theories and methodologies to design, develop, and deliver successful training programs and integrate instructional technology to provide onsite and virtual training. Babu has helped IPRULERS in setting the bar for cloud and cyber security training and helping thousands of engineers to obtain their own certifications. He excels in corporate training and has excellent interpersonal skills that make him stand out. Babu has proven his knowledge and skills in delivering training for the Microsoft, Amazon, f5, Check Point, EC-Council, CompTIA & Cisco etc.
Senior Cloud & Security Specialist