F5 Certified BIG-IP Administrator (F5-CA) Training
F5 Certified BIG-IP Administrator (F5-CA) Training
An F5 Certified BIG-IP Administrator can manage application delivery networks (ADNs) and perform routine management and troubleshooting of F5 Traffic Management Operating System (TMOS) devices. The F5 Certified BIG-IP Administrator (F5-CA) certification is designed for IT professionals who handle day-to-day management of an F5 Application Delivery Network (ADN). The F5-CA serves as the foundation for all of F5’s higher-level technical certifications, and validates a candidate’s understanding of these topics and skills:
IP Rulers is the new face of F5 Certification and Training in Dubai, UAE, which provides both online and classroom-based training in the latest cutting-edge fundamental technologies in the IT sector. With grouped as well as one-to-one classes and online tutorials that could be scheduled for weekdays or weekends in accordance to the students’ choice, IP Rulers is fast becoming a leading name in Dubai in providing a highly valued F5 Certificate, with a 100% pass rate on the first attempt. Successful completion of this five-day, instructor-led course should enhance the student’s understanding of how to configure and manage F5 hardware. The student should learn and get hands-on experience configuring, managing, and monitoring a F5 BIG IP devices in a lab environment, all with the help of IP Rulers.
Network administrators, operators, and engineers responsible for managing the normal day-to-day operation and administration of a BIG-IP application delivery network
- BIG-IP administrators
- Network engineers
- Applications engineers
- Individuals responsible for troubleshooting problems associated with their BIG-IP system
Prior to attempting TMOS Administration (Exam 201), candidates must pass Application Delivery Fundamentals (Exam 101).
Students should have a basic understanding of network fundamentals, protocols, and common traffic management concepts. The student should also understand the basic concepts of F5 technology as applied to network fundamentals, protocols, and traffic management.
Students should have the following knowledge/capabilities:
- Articulate the advantages of a full application proxy.
- Explain the seven layers of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model.
- Describe valid uses/methods of HTTP.
- Identify and define the components of TMOS (F5 Traffic Management Operating System).
Successful completion of the 101-Application Delivery Fundamentals and 201-TMOS ADMINISTRATION exam acknowledges the skills and understanding necessary for day-to-day management of Application Delivery Networks (ADNs).
Senior Cloud & Security Specialist
MCSE,RHCE,CCNP,CEH,CSA,CCSE,F5-CTS, AWS & Azure
Certified instructor with 20+ years of experience in the field of cloud and cybersecurity. Proven success in leveraging educational theories and methodologies to design, develop, and deliver successful training programs and integrate instructional technology to provide onsite and virtual training. Babu has helped IPRULERS in setting the bar for cloud and cyber security training and helping thousands of engineers to obtain their own certifications. He excels in corporate training and has excellent interpersonal skills that make him stand out. Babu has proven his knowledge and skills in delivering training for the Microsoft, Amazon, f5, Check Point, EC-Council, CompTIA & Cisco etc.
Section 1: Configuration
- Given a set of requirements, configure VLANs
- Given a scenario, determine switch, router, and application connectivity requirements
- Given a set of requirements, assign IP addresses
- State the service that ARP provides
- Given a scenario, establish required routing
- Define ADC application objects
Section 2: Troubleshooting
- Identify application and network errors
- Given a scenario, verify Layer 2 mapping (ARP)
- Given a scenario, verify traffic is arriving at a destination
- Given a scenario, verify Layer 1 connectivity
Section 3: Maintenance
- Given a scenario, review basic stats to confirm functionality
- Given a scenario, determine device upgrade eligibility
- Given a scenario, interpret traffic flow
- Given a scenario, interpret service status
- Given a scenario, interpret system health
Section 4: Knowledge
- Explain common uses for ICMP
- Map functionality to OSI model
- Explain use of TLS/SSL
- Explain the function of a VPN
- Explain high availability (HA) concepts
- Explain reasons for support services (DNS, NTP, syslog, SNMP, etc)
Section 1: Troubleshoot basic connectivity issues
- Explain the relationship between interfaces, trunks, VLANs, self-IPs, routes and their status/statistics
- Determine expected traffic behavior based on configuration
- Identify the reason a virtual server is not working as expected
- Identify the reason a pool is not working as expected
Section 2: Troubleshoot basic performance issues
- Determine resource utilization
- Identify the different virtual server types
- Identify network level performance issues
- Identify the reason load balancing is not working as expected
Section 3: Administer system configuration
- Identify and report current device status
- Apply procedural concepts required to manage the state of a high availability pair
- Identify management connectivity configurations
- List which log files could be used to find events and/or hardware issues
- Apply procedural concepts required to create, manage, and restore a UCS archive
- Apply procedural concepts required to manage software images
- Identify which modules are licensed and/or provisioned
- Explain authentication methods
- Identify configured system services
- Explain config sync
Section 4: Manage existing application delivery services
- Apply procedural concepts required to modify and manage virtual servers
- Apply procedural concepts required to modify and manage pools
Section 5: Use support resources
- Define characteristics of a support ticket with F5
- Explain the processes of licensing, license reactivation, and license modification
- Apply procedural concepts required to perform an End User Diagnostic
- Apply procedural concepts required to generate a qkview and collect results from iHealth
- Identify which online support resource/tool to use
Download Course Brochure
For More details please download our brochure here.
We are here to provide you with comprehensive assistance regarding all the details related to the courses and any other inquiries you may have. Please feel free to reach out to us for guidance and support.